Kismet with Adulting


Dearest Self,

I feel so old all of a sudden.. The #YOLO feeling seems to be in a far away distance now, I wonder if it's because of me growing old or the insane twist of events in my life this year. Suddenly, I stop doing impulsive decisions, looking intently for details before I go with a plan, I stop talking and seeing people that I less cared about, really trying to focus on bigger goals and heck..yeah, starting to think seriously about my future. I never imagine that it will come this soon in my life... but here I am, welcoming myself on becoming a grown-up or so they called it Adulting.

What it feels like when you reached this point?  There is this moment when you started feeling "you are not okay" just because you are not okay.. It is greater than being on a so-so situation where you just feel that you are getting tired on all of this. Am I bit going nuts? I am not sure either. I am having doubts about my past decisions in my life, but, you know you are not the type who cries over spilled milk. You are learning new things and that is good enough to be able to start again.

Reality is starting to bite you, you need to grow up and be seriously responsible for your actions. I am writing you this short sweet/harsh note to remind you that if you want to be successful, strive for more. There is no shortcut for greater things and to achieve greater things, you should set your goals to greatness. IN EVERYTHING YOU WILL DO FROM NOW ON.

But, hey, try to cheer up, it is the only way to get through this. As your older self will still tell you, EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY. If not now, eventually it will. You just keep on moving and learn from past mistakes. You may find yourself a little serious now but always remember the fun curious kid you are always will be.

Okay... now, what is your main goal now?

Heck, #tobecomeaworldtraveler

Then, let's get it on!

Lots of Love,
Yourself

//somewhereira.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not a budol, we really made it to Boracay!

Philippines : What else to see Elyu?

Spirited away in Taiwan

Penang: If You Love Street Arts, Ask George