Malaysia : Mountains of Tea Cameron Highlands


I only have two things on my mind when I decided to hop in the bus going Cameron Highlands: to eat strawberries and to drink plenty of organic tea. Enjoying my 4-hour road trip takes me back to the happy feeling of just being on the road. I never expect anything grandeur to my destination, I just want to escape the city and spend some alone time with myself. Cameron Highlands is kinda low key to tourists but is very popular to locals due to its cold weather and fresh veggies. 


Trying to squeeze my one day, I just throw my bag on the hostel and hired a cab to take me to the most popular tea plantation in town. Although Sagada is a lot colder, the mountains of tea give you an awe impression of Cameron.


I thought that we will not make it to the tea plantation when it started to rain so hard and the traffic jam ( yes, heavy jam on the mountain ) took almost 2 hours of our time. I almost gave up on seeing BOH Tea Plantation, the largest tea plantation in Cameron Highlands, but thankfully my cab driver insisted to still go there. He said that a warm fresh tea is perfect for this kind of gloomy weather. After some zigzag roads, a picturesque view of tea mountains came into view. The clouds touching the peaks, and a seemly endless of green cocoons of teas on the sides. For the first time since I came to Malaysia, I would say that I am impressed with the beauty in front of me.  




Greens after greens, I am like a little kid who wants to absorb everything that I am seeing. The BOH plantation covers most of the land with a perfect sea of teas. Every three months, locals harvested the teas and started to burn the area then replanting after some time.


Our main destination is the BOH Tea Plantation Foyer Tea restaurant, where you can see the overlooking view of the mountains. The restaurant situated at the steep of the mountain, a perfect place to sip the tea and eat cakes!


Somehow reminds me of the glass house of the Cullens of Twilight Saga haha. 


No better place to bond over real conversations with loved ones


Like praying, just starting to this view relaxes my mind a lot


Instagrammable


As the raindrops give up, a clearer view of the plantation made my appetite better. The Nasi Lemak Cheesecake is delish! BOH plantation offers different kinds of teas from powder to leafy teas. The couple who sits beside me spoke to me and they asked me how many photos to take before I can start eating haha. Well, Instagramming is the new praying ritual, you guys! 


Dont blame me, I have no photographer haha



The best things in life are often FREE

Since we still got time to explore the town, my cab driver suggested going to Cactus Point Valley, where you can pick your own strawberries! Yum!!! What I'm surprised is to find shops where they all sell desserts and drinks with All Strawberries of course.  



Berry berry best harvested by yours truly


What is always good about solo traveling? Some random people might give you free food haha. Well, someone gave this fried strawberry ice cream to me, hooray!


After all the eating and strolling, glad to meet my roommates Peru and Japan represents! Tanah Rata is the center town of Cameron Highlands where the bus station and cheapest hostels are located. There is also a little pub where you can drink a beer or two.

Next time I like to stay for a day or two here. If you want to see a different side of Malaysia, Cameron Highlands is just a mountain away! 


Yah, I'm fully charged again, thank you Cameron!

//emh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not a budol, we really made it to Boracay!

Philippines : What else to see Elyu?

Spirited away in Taiwan

Penang: If You Love Street Arts, Ask George