The Perfect Season to Fall ( Japan Trip )

Almost teary-eyed I'd say! I cannot believe that after almost five years, I am here again in my most favorite country in the world! You know, the cold weather, the GREAT FOOD, picturesque corners,  well-mannered locals, my manga haven, Don Quixote shops- name it and Japan have it all. 

To be honest, there are a lot of things I want to write but there is just too much good stuff to tell and I wanted to highlight our photos so I am putting short and sweet captions instead.

The seasons as colorful as Nippon's culture has a blistering pace, hence,  here comes the Autumn! Yes, that season where most of the leaves of any tree seem to have its chlorophyll put into sleep and everything turns to vibrant reddish or yellowish dried dahons. 




I feel like this is a bridge from Meji Era where Samurais crossed swords with their enemies



I like Autumn because it is cold yet sunny, so outdoor strolls are fun to do. 

My friends and I went to the Kansai Region as one week trip is worth-it if areas are just nearby. It is my second time coming to Osaka and Kyoto but I still love coming back!



Ninja Squad


Sa ngalan ng picture, there is actually a pond down there which is OMG sa pagkataas, kakalula.




Inside one of Osaka Castle's building. Sugoi, saw some shinobi haha



First time to ride a Ferris Wheel on top of a building! Hep Five for that!

Universal Studio Japan- the happiest place for me next to Akihabara. We went here as early as 7am to Que and to sell our extra tickets. Sadly, we have some friends who were not able to go with us on this trip. I guess one of the most memorable parts is when the gates are open and people are running just to get inside! Hilarious AF!



Welcome to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! This muggle is so happy! Honestly, this is the only place I want to go to Universal Studio. The spell is still there, enchanting, exciting and beguiling!



The first activity is no other than the exploration of Hogwarts Castle, riding the 4D roller coaster inside and seeing the Speaking Sorting Hat and moving portraits. 


House Cup Peg

Emphasizing the castle's exterior looky







Weasley's rowdy magical car stuck at the Forbidden Forest

Okay, Hogsmeade/ Diagon Alley  here we come! 











Found some Aurors in front of Sirius Black Wanted Poster! They won't stop taking pictures so better take photos with them haha


Butter Beer of my dreams! This non-alcoholic salted caramel-like drink is a must for muggles though a bit pricey I must say.






Toilet with Moaning Myrtle voice and all inside one of the cubicles. Fun.


The only Non-Harry Potter photo you can see here.


Ahhh, the cold Kyoto, why I soo love you! This prefecture is an ideal place to appreciate nature. Nara Park is one of its famous parks where Deer animals roam around like a boss. You can feed them though they can snatch your cookies if your heart is weak. They sometimes are a bit charming especially when they nod their heads when you raise your hand. 







Deer Cookie. Feed them responsibly.


They say that the best way to explore and get to immerse themselves well in a place is by renting a bicycle to stroll around. For me, this is the best part of this trip as we got to see the less touristy part of Nara. 




 Pearl Flavor Ice Cream while taking a rest from biking






One eerie house that we saw while biking. I stopped for a while to appreciate this place and snap this photo. It reminds me of Yoh Asakura's Haunted Inn House in Shaman King ( Otaku mode IRL ).


Autumn from the past and present.


Nishiki Market - where various delicious food can be found. I think I need to write a separate post for all the food for better appreciation. The photo from above is a white woman who asks I accidentally took her photo. She spoke to me after to check if I took her photo and I said no. I know, sometimes, I just don't have that patience haha


Kawaii 




Tako-chan


The ladies are ready.. to walk that mrt again! haha


Discipline. No noisy allowed. Respectful. 


And they enjoyed sitting like students while we wait for our train lols


Best outfit ko to to date hahaha










Most of my archive photos are shots like this. 



Fukushima-Inari and its hundreds of Tori Gates leading you to the top of a mountain are always fascinating to visit. We even witnessed a traditional-like wedding downstairs.






Ninenzaka and Sasenzaka along Higashiyama District are the places where time stood still from the old days of Kyoto. If you have a knack to fancy old culture, you must visit this district. They preserved the entire place in a very good way, I feel like living in the early Edo Period. 















Food stalls in traditional way




Studio Ghibli Store at the heart of Ninenzaka woot woot!


Photo with my favorite girl Kiki. 


Higashiyama District and its parks are picturesque indeed.






Arashima Togetsukyo is a good starting point to walk if you plan to go to the Arasyima Bamboo Forest. Though its a bit far, you can enjoy the walk with the colorful maple trees, quirky restaurants and a bunch of people wearing kimonos. 






While waiting for our table to eat Soba.









Arashiyama Bamboo Forest- seen it the second time and I think I still feel excited more about the food around the place rather than the bamboo trees.





Matcha Ice Cream


Soft Matcha Mochi 


So blessed to have these three amazing people! This trip is hassle-free and I never have to open my phone to check for google map hehe thanks guys!


Dotonbori- where we normally spend our nights ehem Don Quixote ! The markets and restaurants are insane in this area, no wonder its one of the popular tourist destinations in Osaka.



The very famous Glico Man Billboard!!! Why it is famous? you have to ride the River Cruise to know the story because I don't want to spoil its secret which makes the river cruise interesting. 



All smiles while waiting on the ferry boat for fellow tourists. 


The famous Ichiran Ramen along Dotonbori River. 100 points from experience and quality of ramen.


That big bowl of Ramen from the restaurant downtown.


Dotonbori








Ramen of my dreams


That crazy habit of going outside at night to stroll around the neighborhood and eat food at restaurants that are still open then look for Family Mart or Vendo machine to try out new random drinks. Now, that is what I called living at the finest hohoho.


Osakako, Osakamo, Osaka nating lahat!


Glico Man winning this match! haha

Like many people that come before us, I think most of us agreed that Japan has so much more to offer that will make us fall in love with this country over and over again. Its not necessarily the grandeur look of the places but rather the simplicity and minimalism of everything from the culture, people and food. I recently learned that different prefecture has a different way of living and with a multiple visa ( ehem!) , susulitin ko talaga ang pagpunta dito :) Mate ne Japan, Arigato Gozaimasu!


Thank you to my Japan travel buddies, bes Ryze, Sharie and Maru :)

//emh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not a budol, we really made it to Boracay!

Philippines : What else to see Elyu?

Spirited away in Taiwan

Penang: If You Love Street Arts, Ask George